Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Tragedy of our Mother

In the fires of hate, this world, is damned
This destruction of our mother, I cannot stand
For as I watch the forests, burn mightily away
I feel the very essence of my soul, begin to sway

Its like watching a loved one, stab their own heart
As death creeps in, and their eyes begin to dart
And all the while you hold back your tears
And save your screams, lest they reach their ears.

Please mother hold on, to any, even slightest hope of salvation
And let our race be gifted with that oh so sweet divine revelation
Let us rise up and say "Nay we will not sit blindly anymore!"
Let us destroy your enemies, let us settle the score

For we are your children, beautiful and divine
But alas, without you mother, we have gone blind
And now I finally see, that we are eternally bound
Bound to your voice, the emerald sound

So with unconditional love I embrace your light
For mother you have given me the most lucid and clearest of sight
But should you die and fade to ash
I beseech you with a favor, one I feel I must ask
Grace me with rain, in which I may pray
Pray that my body should end and my soul washed away

No comments: